March Meditation Experience for Heather

March Learning Paper

The Mooladhara and Swadisthan Chakra's: The Mooladhara Chakra is the first Chakra in the body, it is located at the base of the spine, beneath the sacrum bone. When you're meditating, and the Mooladhara Chakra catches, you can feel the vibrations at the base of the palm on each hand. The Chakra has four petals, and its element is earth. The Mooladhara Chakra controls memory, emotional balance and sexuality.
The Swadisthan Chakra is the second chakra in the body, it is located in the lower back and is the start of the right channel. If there is a catch in the Swadisthan Chakra, vibrations are felt on the thumb. This Chakra has six petals, and its element is fire. The Swadisthan Chakra controls the liver, spleen, kidneys and pancreas. It is the source of creativity, pure knowledge and inspiration.



How my meditation has progressed over the past month: It has been much easier for me to begin meditating than it used to be. It's a little easier to concentrate, but I do still have problems because my attention span is very short, and I get sidetracked either before I really start meditating, or around the end of my meditation. Foot soaking has honestly done absolutely nothing for me, nor has using the picture that was given to us. Foot soaking just feels weird and with my eyes open to have the candle lit and look at the picture, it is much easier for me to become distracted.



Working on other people (classmates): In class when we were working on each other, I got sidetracked in the middle of it by what other people were doing. It was cool that they could feel the vibrations even though I wasn't touching them, but I don't think that it really did anything when you had us balance their left and right channels, because I could still feel the warmth and vibrations afterwards.

-- Heather

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the next batch

Zosias (via Email) (02.03.2006)